Jessica's Let's Go Spring Break in Europe

Let's Go Travel Guides is sending me, Jessica Smith from MTV's Laguna Beach, to Spring Break in Europe. Catch my updates and photos right here!

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Hey everyone, so I just got to Europe a few hours ago, we landed at about 1-ish (London Time) and the flight was soo long. 10 hours. I slept a little but it was a little hard considering there were four girls behind me talking SOO loud about how they talked to nick lachey. I thought it was funny at first, but after about 3 hours, it got old... haha.

Once we got into London we took the train to Paddington Station and dropped our bags off at our hotel and then went to grab a bite to eat. When we walked into this little pub there was a huge rugby game playing ,and all these hard-core fans were in there. Suddenly it felt like the whole entire room was watching us and that the whole room went silent as everyone watched us tourists order our food. I felt like i was in Eurotrip or something. But then after the awkward moment everyone was super nice and we had some really great food.

Right after we were done eating we took a walk through Hyde Park, which was just beautiful. There was a huge lake right next to a huge grassy field that had swans in it and a fountain. And there were lots of other ponds with fountains in the middle all around the park. Along the edges of the park there were some old archways and buildings that looked like they would be used in a setting for an old English film. It was so gorgeous, and then there were all these cute couples walking around holding hands and it made me sad... haha.

Then we took a long walk around the streets of London to find this internet cafe and it was interesting to just look at all the apartments and old buildings all around the city. Tonight i think we are just going to go to dinner then bed because we are super jet-lagged and then tomorrow we are going to get up super early and go see all the sights and go out at night and get the whole experience. I really want to see Mary Poppins and the St. Pauls Cathedral so we will see how that works out!

I will keep you all posted and i hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!

-jessica

8 Comments:

  • At 2:03 PM, Blogger Catie said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger Catie said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 2:29 PM, Blogger Catie said…

    Omgawsh haha I absloltley JADORE your blog! Check out mine and comment back
    &hearts <3
    Catie

     
  • At 5:21 AM, Blogger texnswimmr said…

    Hey! This is Alex the one you met at starbucks today with my mom and sister, and the one that said "hmm...you kinda look like jessica off laguna beach" haha. It was great to meet you and talk to you...you and your mom are incredibly nice! Well I hope the rest of your travels are safe and hopefully we'll meet again!

     
  • At 7:54 AM, Blogger Leigh "StrawberryIce" said…

    OH WOW!! I'm super jealous. Looks like you are having the ideal time. Be safe & don't forget to keep us posted. I doubt I will ever get to go to Europe!

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Blogger Ellen said…

    Hey Jessica! I'm Ellen (21) and I'm from Europe, Belgium to be exact - are you coming here? I'm in uni (university of Ghent) here, so if you'd want more info, I could tell you where to go sightseeing, where to go out etc (this is where all the college kids live haha)! If you're interested on knowing more about fun places to visit in Europe let me know and I'll definitely help you out!(you can email me at edesmedt@gmail.com)

    Have fun here in Europe, it's cold haha!

    Ellen

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger morgan528 said…

    Ahh Jess, I feel like I'm writing to a friend I know. You must get that sometimes. So, as I'm 23 (time flies!!!! I'm getting old) and I traveled some of Europe I feel like I could offer you some advice. I'd say that if you are going to beligium (almost everyone told me not to and I don't regret it), meet up with Ellen or keep making friends as you did on the plane. Locals and other travelers are great to meet up with. Also, if the couple in Hyde Park made you sad don't plan on going to Venice unless it's with someone special. That's it for now, especially since this is the only blog I've checked out-passing time at work...enjoy your semester off and have a great time in Europe!

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger morgan528 said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com