Jessica's Let's Go Spring Break in Europe

Let's Go Travel Guides is sending me, Jessica Smith from MTV's Laguna Beach, to Spring Break in Europe. Catch my updates and photos right here!

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Hey everyone!!!!
So since yesterday wasn’t as eventful, today was jam packed. Last night we went over to the Eiffel Tower to see it all lit up at night and it was absolutely gorgeous!!! For the first five minutes of every hour all the lights sparkle so that was very cool. This morning we woke up and went straight to the Eiffel Tower again so that we could see it in the daylight. When we walked up to it there was a huge grass lawn that led up to it then the tower that was just so huge.




After that we walked toward the metro station and stopped by a cart on the street that makes crepes right in front of you!!! They were SOO good, and their hot chocolate was made out of just melted chocolate and a very small amount of milk. It was ssoooo good!!!!

After that we went to the Louvre, which is the most amazing thing I have ever seen!!! The architecture of building alone was amazing. All of the ceilings had hand paintings on them with sculptures carved into the ceilings around it. Then of course there was the Mona Lisa which looks the same as in books, but it was really cool to see it up close. We also saw all of the famous sculptures. My favorite was Cupid which was this man gently holding a woman in his arms, about to kiss her. It was really cute.


After that we walked through this part that used to be where Napoleon lived. His room alone was about as big as my entire house, haha. But he had some awesome furniture and chandeliers all around his quarters... The Louvre used to be where the French kings lived and then Napoleon when he became ruler.

After that we went over to the Notre Dame which is also very beautiful. All of the architecture in Paris... and london... is just so amazing - it is hard to believe. The Notre Dame had some awesome gargoyles outside along with sculptures on the outside of it.

When we were done looking at that we walked along the street where they were selling a bunch of different touristy things. I bought two more new scarves because it is so cold here and that’s the only way I can tell the different outfits I wear in pictures, because I only brought one big jacket haha!!! Everyone here wears the same thing - scarves, big jacket, jeans, and boots with the jeans tucked in. It is not too much different then home when it is cold.

Here's French shopping on a budget...




When we were done there we went over to Champs d'Elysees to do a little window shopping and it was really nice. I almost bought a pair of sunglasses but couldn’t bring myself to do it because they are the same price as home just with the exchange rate. When we were walking back we got distracted by the Arc de Triomphe which is soo enormous and also so beautiful to look at.



While we were there we started to watch the traffic because in this part of town nobody stopped or looked and they all just went, and almost got into soo many accidents, it was fun to watch haha!!

So our day was busy, but it was a lot of fun, and tonight we are going to go to dinner. Then I don’t know what we’ll do, because it’s so cold we wanna go somewhere where we don’t have to walk to far!!

But tomorrow we’re going to Amsterdam, so I will keep you all posted!!

~jess



And a few more photos...

We keep making more friends along the way...



And we got to take in a view on a bridge above the Seine...



9 Comments:

  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger nicolex03 said…

    when you're in france you should definately buy something from LV since its so much cheaper there! make sure you fill out a global tax return form you get so much money back! enjoy your trip to amsterdam! make sure you check out the red light district and smoke some herb hahaha

     
  • At 5:56 PM, Blogger Jessox3 said…

    I'm so glad you're having an amzing time!

     
  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger Clinias said…

    hey, who's the guy in the photos? is he a bud from stateside or someone from over there?

     
  • At 6:44 PM, Blogger grumpyboston said…

    Thanks for all the wonderful updates on you and matts trip . Im living my dream of going there thur you . Once again thanks so much you are a wonderful person.Have a safe and wonderful trip

    vickie

     
  • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Fashionista Librarian said…

    When you're in Amsterdam, be sure to check out P.C. Hooftstraat and Magna Plaza (Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 182)... Shop 'til ya drop!

     
  • At 8:00 PM, Blogger annie said…

    When you're in Amsterdam, definitely go to Van Gogh's museum and Anne Frank's house. And, if you can, take a bike tour of the city. I did it when I went there, and it was amazing. Minus almost riding into a busy intersection [It's been over 10 years since I've ridden a bike]..

     
  • At 9:34 PM, Blogger alicia01 said…

    I think it is awesome that you are sharing your vacation with us. I am going to Europe this summer and love reading about and looking at all of your pictures. I hope that you will tell us your favorite places at the end!

     
  • At 6:15 AM, Blogger Toine Online said…

    Hey Jess,

    Amsterdam is awesome, but it's nothing in comparisation with cities like Paris or London. Be sure to visit the red light district, I've been there once and I thought it was really strange... When I'm in Amsterdam (which is a lot) I don't go there anymore. It's creapy/freaky.

    I advise you to go to 'de Dam'. Around that monument you'll see beautiful buildings and great shops like the Diamond Center. Also be sure to watch the BIG yellow clog somewhere around there too. You can sit in it and make a hilarious photo!

    Go to the Van Gogh museum and the house of Anne Frank. When you're willing to visit the house of Anne Frank, be sure to go early in the morning or you'll have to wait for a really long time.

    Like Annie said, take a bike tour. When I'm there I always ride on my bike.

    Be sure to visit the P.C. Hooftstraat. This street is a street where a lot of celebrities do their shopping. It has great stores and I always shop there when I'm in Amsterdam.

    Another great place to go is 'de Jordaan'. This area in Amsterdam is the hot-spot for a lot of celebrities. Brad Pitt has a house there (he bought it with Jenn in the times they we're married, but now Brad owns it, Madonna has a house there and Lenny Kravitz too.

    http://www.iamsterdam.com/

    This is a great website for more. If you're planning to go out, go to the Escape. It's awesome!

    Have fun in Amsterdam, I'm Dutch and I love it!!

    xx Toine

     
  • At 2:57 PM, Blogger Keysa said…

    I finally found the part where you are talking about Paris ! Hope that this trip still be there in your mind ! How an amazing & beautiful city ?!
    When you go again in My city, tell me and i will be your host and you the guest =)
    Lots of kisses

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com