Jessica's Let's Go Spring Break in Europe

Let's Go Travel Guides is sending me, Jessica Smith from MTV's Laguna Beach, to Spring Break in Europe. Catch my updates and photos right here!

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Okay, so last night was just intense. We had all of this film footage filmed for an ET on MTV segment on me (which is going to run this Saturday – check it out!), and we mailed it all out only to find out that the discs were not properly formatted!!! So then we had to send off new footage… sounds easy enough, right? Well, it’s NOT as easy as it sounds, because it was already late in the evening when we found out about this. So, first we had to try to find a UPS, FEDEX or ANYTHING that would do overnight delivery, but everything was closed pretty much.

So then we took a taxi over to the Post Office, where people were literally LIVING. After we found out that we couldn’t send the package there and the taxi driver had already left we realized we were LOST. ONCE AGAIN!!! Haha... Well after that we just kind of wandered the city until we realized we had those Let’s Go Pocket Guides with the maps so we figured out where we were from there, haha. It was really really beautiful because everything was lit up. The whole river was lit up and the Louvre and we got to see the Eiffel Tower sparkle again, which was really pretty. SO all in all it was not that bad it was actually kind of fun. By the time we got back to our hotel, it was late so we didn’t really have much time to go out or anything, so we went to the store, bought a bottle of wine, some cheese and crackers and had our own little party and it was actually really fun!!

This morning was also quite hectic. We had to go to the FedEx office, and leave on the train. There was a ton of traffic because there were student protestors all around Paris. I guess a ton of college students are protesting for jobs because they feel that the government here is trying to give all of their jobs away. So because of this, there was a major traffic jam, and then they were protesting in the train station, which made all of the trains back up.

So basically we missed our train to Amsterdam this morning… haha. Finally we got on the one about two hours later, but oh what to do for two hours in Paris? Oh yes, SHOP!! Haha... we went on this huge street by an Oprah house that was just beautiful, and they had every store you could imagine from Chanel and Dior to little souvenir shops. It was so much fun. After that we went to this little street vendor and got some sandwiches, and I was completely amazed because a sandwich at the vender cost less then a glass of water at a sit-down cafe near the Eiffel Tower.

Finally we got onto our train and everything was great, accept that it was a four hour ride.

I slept a little bit...



But now we are finally in Amsterdam!!!!! And we just got showered and dressed and matt and I are about to go to a lovely little cafe, eat some dinner, and then go shopping for some fun souvies for people. Kind of having a mellow night. Hopefully!!! Haha.

I will be back after our adventures tomorrow... We are planning to go on a canal cruise and the Anne Frank house so we will see!!!

Have a good one.
~jess


Here are some more photos from the day:

Me lugging my bag around Paris...


We were bored on the train so we got photo-artsy...


And look, I'm checking my MySpace and then writing this blog...

11 Comments:

  • At 3:46 PM, Blogger R2K said…

    U R 2 Pretty 4 ME

     
  • At 4:23 PM, Blogger clinias1 said…

    who takes the pics? the one with u walking paris, who took it? the dude ur with was in front of u.

     
  • At 7:39 PM, Blogger Jessox3 said…

    A sudoku book? I love that stuff! Hehe.

     
  • At 9:51 PM, Blogger **Maytaysia** said…

    Hi there Jessica,
    I'm just a curious user here..Is this really you? May I say everytime I hear Kelly Clarkson's "Behind these hazel eyes" I think of you...(The break up song MTV used for you.)
    One quick question...Hope you have time to answer,Any good eats in Laguna? Planning a trip next friday(March 24th).Hope to hear from you.
    (Maytaysia) is my kids names blended,Love...Darla

     
  • At 9:58 PM, Blogger **Maytaysia** said…

    Hello Sweetie....

     
  • At 10:07 PM, Blogger **Maytaysia** said…

    Hello Jessica,I was just wondering if this is really you,I'm assuming YES,only because of the pics.
    Just to let you know I am a 33 year old mother of 3,and my 13 year old daughter Nina got me hooked on your show,and not sure how I stumbled upon your blog...BUT,WOW i'm sure glad I did!!! And,May I say that I cannot hear Kelly Clarkson's "Behind these hazel eyes" and not think of you... ;)

     
  • At 10:10 PM, Blogger Erika said…

    I can see the comment I wrote you in your myspace! =)

     
  • At 12:56 AM, Blogger Femke said…

    Hey Jessica,

    I'm from Amsterdam myself and I hope you have a good time during your visit. And please, write in your blog that Amsterdam has so much more than just legal drugs, 'cause that seems to be the only thing people outside the Netherlands know about this country!
    Have a great time!

    Femke, 20

     
  • At 5:48 AM, Blogger Toine Online said…

    Okay finally another Dutchy one over here! I'm glad Femke said that Amsterdam has so much more than legal drugs. I also have to say that a lot of people know Amsterdam because of the red light district. Well Amsterdam has so much more. Here in Amsterdam we have amazing musea, great restaurants, great bars and discotheques and great shops!!

    Have fun in Amsterdam!!

    - Toine

    Have a good time Jess!

     
  • At 2:52 PM, Blogger Jessica Smith said…

    oh my god su doku is my new favorite thing. I play it for hours on end and i just can't stop haha... the easy ones are funn i am struggling through the mild and now i am trying to do the difficult ones and it is so hard i like cry when i cant do it haha!!

     
  • At 2:55 PM, Blogger Jessica Smith said…

    Hey, femke, I completely agree with you... as soon as I told anyone i was going to Amsterdam the first thing that they said to me was something about the drugs and I was really surprised when I got here to see it was not like
    what I expected at all. It is so clean everyone is so friendly and so willing to help and it is a very very clean place. Yeah there is the stereotypical stuff but it is not all Amsterdam is about!!

    -Jessica Smith

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com